For this post, I have to admit the subject was not my idea but from my sister and I just thought it was genius (thanks Sister!)We all have television shows that we get hooked on. Television shows that make us laugh, cry, or get angry. We look forward to seeing them, never missing an episode (sometimes that even includes re-arranging our life or putting things on hold such as the dishes or laundry) and then the “big wigs” in charge of the television networks decide to CANCEL those shows.
So, as my sister pointed out, I should pay tribute to the Best 3…TV Shows that were Cancelled.
My number one choice was easy. Chuck was the best show that was on tv for the last five years. It never got the credit that it deserved. Thanks to all the great fans the show had, they were able to mount a campaign (with the help of Subway) to bring it back when the threat of cancellation loomed from NBC. At first, I knew nothing about the show when it first came out. I had a colleague tell me about it. She lent me her Season 1 DVD and after watching the first episode, that was all I needed, I was hooked. I fell in love with Chuck (Zachary Levi) – he was your average guy (and the cutest nerd that I had ever seen). Together with Super Spy Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski), his best friend Morgan (Joshua Gomez) and other Super Spy Casey (Adam Baldwin) they made a great team. There is so much good things to say about this show and now it has been Cancelled and I won’t get to enjoy the adventures of Team Bartowski. Also, I should mention that I have the biggest crush on Zachary Levi!
For my second choice, it had to be Veronica Mars. This was a show that was cancelled too fast. Three seasons was not enough. It was a show that was different, that had great characters and had great episodes. It created one great TV couple in Veronica and Logan. I still miss it. Kristen Bell was great as Veronica. Unfortunately the ratings were low and that means CANCELLATION. However, if some of you might not know Rob Thomas (show creator) and actors from the cast rallied together on the internet to get people to donate in order to help ‘bankroll’ a movie – they were asking for $2 million and would give away prizes to people that donated the money. People gave…now a film is in the works!!! Thank you loyal, loyal fans.
As for my third choice, that was easy. It had to be My So-Called Life. This show unfortunately only got one season. It was a show that so many people could relate to. Angela was a character that a specific average girl could relate too. I really wish this one could have lasted a little longer. It would have been nice to see how Angela’s life would have progress. Oh well!
- ‘Veronica Mars’ Movie Funded…Could a ‘Chuck’ Movie be Next?! (Poll) (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- Chuck’s Zachary Levi Works To Turn The Series Into A Movie Thanks To Veronica Mars Kickstarter (perezhilton.com)
- ‘Veronica Mars’ Movie Gets A Kickstarter, Needs $2 Million (screencrave.com)
- Kristen Bell Trying to Raise $2 Million to Make Veronica Mars Movie (VIDEO) (gossipcop.com)
- As Veronica Mars Fans Buzz, My Mind Turns to Another Show. Jericho: In the Spotlight. (missgeekcritique.wordpress.com)
- Kristen Bell’s ‘Veronica Mars’ Movie Kickstarter Breaks Records! (justjared.com)
- ‘Veronica Mars’ project breaks Kickstarter record – Sydney Morning Herald (news.smh.com.au)
- ‘Veronica Mars’ film online fundraiser launches (sacbee.com)