Ok. First off let me just get this out – YYYYYAAAAAAHHHHH! YAH! Yes, I’m married (and I love my husband) but I have a huge crush on Charlie Hunnam. Ever since watching Sons of Anarchy, it has just grown. When I heard the news that he was cast as Christian Grey, I couldn’t stop jumping up and down (not literally – just figuratively) since I was at the office and that would have been a little awkward to explain to my boss. She doesn’t watch TV or read books like Fifty Shades of Grey – actually she did mention once that she thought they were ‘trash’ books – it was those really weird moments because all I wanted to do was laugh but she was so serious…laughing would not have gone over well in that moment.
Charlie Hunnam is a great pick. I had previously done a post about the actors that I thought would be great for this role and he wasn’t on it. For some reason I didn’t think of him (sorry Charlie) – plus there is a reason why I’m not a casting agent! Yet now that he as been cast, I completely and utterly see him in this role and as Christian Grey. Here are my reasons why he was a great pick.
1. He is absolutely gorgeous!
2. He has the ability (and the acting experience) in being serious and stern (Jax Teller – Sons of Anarchy!)
3. He will look amazing in a suit
Ok. The first thing is probably the most important. He is gorgeous with the blond hair and blue eyes, tall, muscular. Jeez, I sound like I’m writing a romance novel. This man needs to carry the movie where he will be the main focus. He needs to look good in and out of cloths and let me say Charlie can do that without a problem. Plus in the parts of the novel where Christian smiles, I can easily picture Charlie’s gorgeous smile. For those of you who have never seen him in Sons of Anarchy, I would suggest you check him out before you critique.
Playing Jax Teller, President of SAMCRO, an Outlaw Motorcycle Club, he has run in to many a serious situation. He definitely can be stern and Charlie acts his character brilliantly – that is why I picture him as Christian. He can do serious. He can do stern and he can do angry, Again I point to the Sons of Anarchy.
Again, it comes back to him in a suit. He can definitely wear a suit.
I just can’t wait for this movie (August 2014)!
- POLL: “Fifty Shades Of Grey” Movie Pick Charlie Hunnam And Dakota Johnson (new102.cbslocal.com)
- Charlie Hunnam & Dakota Johnson: Fans React To ‘Fifty Shades’ Castings (hollywoodlife.com)
- Charlie Hunnam: ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ as Christian Grey!!! (justjared.com)
- It’s Official: Charlie Hunnam is Christian Grey (fashenty.wordpress.com)
- Charlie Hunnam & Dakota Johnson Have ‘Incredible Chemistry’! (justjared.com)
- Charlie Hunnam: His 5 Biggest Roles – Before Christian Grey (people.com)
- Charlie Hunnam: 5 Things To Know About The Star Playing Christian Grey (hollywoodlife.com)